Flippa Ball Years 3-6
Flippa ball is a new event for KingsWay Primary students which is run by the Hibiscus Coast Waterpolo Club on Sunday’s during school terms 2 & 3 at The Leisure Centre, Brightside Road, Stanmore Bay.
The aims of the Sunday League are to provide a fun and exciting opportunity for children to develop their water and ball skills by playing flippa ball in a fun, mildly competitive format.
Club members provide the refereeing services, and encourage parents to help where they can.
The Competitions are run on a round robin plus knockout format based on a draw conducted at the beginning of the tournament. The format of the leagues depends on the number of teams entered in each division.
Depending on numbers a series of finals are held at the end of the round-robin section in order to determine the final placings.
The league runs for approx. seven weeks
Our year 3/4 team are called Kahawai
Our year 5/6 team are called Kingfish
Games start promptly at the registered start time and consist of two 10 minute half (20 minutes) and a 2 minute half time break. That gives each team 3 minutes of warm up prior to the start of the game. So Quick in and Quick out for your games.
- Played Sunday evenings between 4pm-7pm at the Leisure Centre
- 7 Children per team plus 2 subs. So 9 per team in total.
- It is played in the shallow end of the LC pool so students that are not strong swimmers yet, can touch the bottom.
- Games are 20 minutes long. (10 minutes each way)
- There are two levels in Flippa Ball – Year 5/6’s and Year 3/4’s.
- Mixed boys and girls teams.
For further information please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE REGISTER YOUR INTEREST TO PLAY BELOW. THERE IS NO COST TO REGISTER, UNTIL WE HAVE ENOUGH TO MAKE UP A SCHOOL TEAM. THE COST IS APPROX $50 PER PLAYER (BASED ON 9 PLAYERS IN A TEAM)