“To be a Christian community of learning that nurtures young people towards their full potential as servant leaders in the kingdom of God.”
- We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. God is love, God is holy, and God is the source of all wisdom.
- In his sovereignty, God created the heavens and earth, and declared them good. God upholds and sustains all things.
- We believe in Jesus Christ, the only Son of the Father. Through him and for him all things were created. He is God incarnate, the true image of God, fully God and fully human.
- God created human beings in his own image. As image bearers we are designed for relationship with God and with one another, are blessed to be fruitful and productive in all areas of life, to the glory of God, and are entrusted with the stewardship and care of God’s world.
- Our relationship with God, with others, and with creation was fractured when sin, evil, and death entered the world. All have sinned and are unable to restore their relationship with God by their own efforts.
- Therefore, God sent his only Son into the world. Jesus Christ was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of a virgin, and lived a holy, loving, and sinless life. He was crucified, died, and was buried. On the third day he rose from the dead. He ascended into heaven and now reigns at the right hand of the Father.
- Through Jesus’ life, death, and resurrection, God revealed himself to the world, defeated the powers of sin, evil, and death, provided for our salvation and reconciliation to Him, inaugurated the kingdom of God, and is working to renew all things. Jesus’ resurrection marks the beginning of the new creation.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, who is at work in the world bringing people to faith, drawing them to God, guiding them into truth, and working in them regeneration and transformation so that those in Christ will be conformed to his image. All the redeemed in Christ are united by the Holy Spirit and belong to one, holy, universal Church.
- We believe that the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are inspired by God. As the supreme account of God’s activity in the world, they attest to Christ and are trustworthy and authoritative. The Holy Scriptures are God’s word to us through human authors.
- Creation is moving toward its God ordained goal, when Christ will return as king, the dead will be resurrected, God will bring about his final justice and reconciliation, and the heavens and earth will be made new.
- To be disciples of Christ is to respond to Christ’s call and to participate in God’s story as revealed in Scripture: to seek to know God’s word and bear witness to his gospel; to seek to know and share in God’s work and world; to form communities of faithfulness; and to be co-labourers with Christ in the renewal of all things.
“Servant Leaders are people of Godly character who are willing to act on what they believe”
The school promotes this by:
- Recognising that parents in partnership with the school need to be involved and are responsible for their child’s education.
- Employing only qualified staff who have a genuine commitment to Jesus Christ and who model a Christian lifestyle.
- Providing equal learning opportunities for students from all socio-economic backgrounds.
- Creating an environment where a sincere desire to know God is fostered.
- Enabling children to personally adopt a Biblical Christian worldview in knowledge, understanding and life applications.
- Fostering character, wisdom and knowledge by means of the curriculum and school culture.
- Teaching a thematic approach based on the character of God wherever appropriate.
- Teaching and learning strategies that challenge students to achieve to individual potential.
- Actively pursuing opportunities for young people to serve, bless others, and share their faith in the wider community.
- Encouraging students to view their education as an aspect of preparation for fulfilling God’s purpose in their lives.
Kingsway Trust – Treasures for Future Learners
Kingsway Trust schools provide a Christ-centred learning environment where all aspects of school life, learning, and relationships are informed by Scripture and the gospel of Jesus Christ.
The Kingsway Trust was established in 1986 as a charitable trust for the advancement and promotion of the kingdom of God in Aotearoa, New Zealand. The Kingsway Trust is the proprietor of a network of schools and preschools that partner with parents and families to provide Christ-centred, accessible, quality education for children and young people in the Auckland region. The Kingsway Trust serves its network of schools and preschools by providing infrastructure and resources, guiding the special character of the schools, and maintaining relationships within the network. The Kingsway Trust works in partnership with the New Zealand Christian Proprietors Trust (NZCPT), through which the schools were integrated with the state.
The brochures below explain the details of the Kingsway Trust.