Important Bus Notices
Change of Bus Route Notice
From the first day of Term 3, the 008 from KingsWay School to East Coast Rd will be finishing at Smales Farm instead of Wairau Rd. The last stop of this service will now be Stop B (Stop Number 3355) at Smales Farm.
Update your AT HOP card contact details
Your AT HOP card supports contact tracing easier. And having an up-to-date contact phone number will make contact tracing faster. Go to at.govt.nz and log in to update your details. Don’t worry if you’ve forgotten your password, it’s easy to have it reset.
Ineligible Students Using School Buses
Drivers have reported that there are ineligible students giving them permission slips that allow them on the bus to go home with friends. Contractually Ritchies Transport Ltd transports eligible students from their home or nearest available stop to school in the morning and return them from school to home in the afternoons. School buses are not to be used by ineligible students to get to after school activities, jobs, friends etc. Buses have a loading capacity and as some are combined with other schools. There must be enough seats for all eligible students to be fully seated when on-board. We cannot carry ineligible students causing the buses to reach more than capacity.
Students who travel on school buses should ensure they have read and understood the behaviour expectations below.
These are to be adhered to when students are travelling on school buses for the safety of the bus driver and all students travelling on the school bus.
Parents/caregivers need to read and agree to the points below and sign the behaviour expectation form.
- Your child agrees to always observe the requirements and instructions of the bus driver, teacher/s responsible for bus duty or other designated bus supervisor.
- Your child agrees to remain seated, in the same seat for the duration of the journey, rising only to leave the bus at my destination.
- If your child is a standing passenger, they agree to stand quietly and not push or move around the bus.
- Your child agrees to not eat on the bus.
- Your child agrees to not throw anything inside or out of the bus.
- Your child agrees to always respect other students and their property (this includes pushing, verbal or physical abuse, or any other behaviour that may cause harm or distract the driver).
- Your child agrees to always respect the property of the bus operator (e.g. refraining from standing or kneeling on seats or vandalising the vehicle in any way).
- Your child agrees to use socially acceptable language when conversing with the driver and/or other students and will not speak at a volume that may distract the driver.
- Your child agrees to not engage in any behaviour that could put the driver or other students at risk.
- Your child agrees that any damage they cause to the bus will result in the caregiver being billed for the cost of repairs.
The safety and comfort of everyone on the bus depends on a standard of behaviour and consideration for others that is expected in the classroom. Caregivers will support the school in maintaining these standards of behaviour.
If these Behaviour Expectations are broken:
KingsWay School works with the transport service provider, caregivers and, if necessary, the police to manage student behaviour on buses in accordance with our restorative practice philosophy. This includes, but is not limited to the following steps:
- Student meeting with Dean and contact with caregiver. Restorative action taken as appropriate.
- Student meeting with Dean and contact with caregiver informing that the student is not permitted to use bus services for a specified time period. Additional restorative action taken as appropriate.
- Student meeting with AHOS and Caregivers at School. Student is not permitted to use bus services for an extended period. Additional restorative action taken as appropriate.
Any further breach will result in a student losing access to bus services on a permanent basis. Additional restorative action will be taken as appropriate. If a student loses their place on the school bus, the caregiver needs to ensure they are meeting their legal obligation to get their child to school.
All parents/caregivers of students who use the buses must complete the Behaviour Expectation Form that says your child agrees to abide by the conditions of this contract and they understand the consequences if they do not.
North Shore Public Bus Services – Bayes Coachlines
All of our North Shore buses are run by Bayes Coachlines.
Visit their website and select ‘KingsWay School’ to view route details.
Ministry Combined Services – Ritchies
The Ministry of Education provide a free shared Bus Service for the following areas:
1507 Horseshoe Bush, Blackbridge Roads
1509 Kaukapakapa, Waitoki, Pine Valley
1518 Parakai, Helensville, Wainui
1523 Haruru and Pine Valley
1571 (1570) Te Atatu Peninsula
1572 West Harbour
1577 Waimauku, Huapai, Coatsville
11512 Spur Rd and Lennon Access
PLEASE NOTE: Ritchies have route maps on their website but these are currently being updated. Should you have any queries regarding your bus route, please email Ritchies at firstname.lastname@example.org
GUBBS BUS – running from Warkworth to Puhoi
Please CLICK HERE for the run-sheet of times/locations for this bus.
You catch your bus in the mornings from a bus stop near your home (please refer to the bus routes below).
All Buses depart from Longmore Lane.
Primary students will meet after school at the Junior Campus bus bay and will be transported to Longmore Lane bus bay so they can be put on the right ride home.
AT Hop Cards
Bayes Coachlines will not accept the 10-card concession ride/clip-cards.
You MUST have an AT Hop card and you MUST tag on AND off the bus (or face the consequence: 3-Strikes of not tagging off = no ride on the bus as your card will be locked).
AT HOP cards must be registered to a specific person. If that person is over 16 years of age they will be charged adult fares unless you take your AT HOP card and Student ID to our closest Service Centre.