Becoming a Homestay Family
Hosting a student is a wonderful way to connect you and your family with another culture.
If you would like to be considered as a host family:
- Read the information on this page.
- Download the four Homestay application forms:
- Complete and email the Homestay Agreement, Homestay or Designated Caregiver Application and Police Vetting Forms (pages 2 and 3 only) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Give or email The Pastoral Referee Form to your church leader who will need to return it to the International Office themselves.
Homestay families must:
- Be committed Christians regularly attending a Church
- Fluent English speakers
- Provide a fully furnished bedroom including study facilities, storage and heating for each student.
- Provide three meals a day plus snacks, including a packed lunch and morning tea during the school week
- Introduce their students to New Zealand culture and sightseeing trips within the Auckland region is encouraged
- Support transport to and from school, special events and extra-curricular activities during the week and weekends.
- Provide Airport transport for holiday travel
- Involve the international student in their family life and treat them as part of the family
- Accept full responsibility for your international student when they are not at school.
Our international team will proactively support you with:
- Friendly home visits
- 24/7 emergency phone contact
- Prompt fortnightly payment
- Clear communication