Accommodation Options for International Students
All students 10 years and younger must live with their parents in New Zealand. Many of our senior students also choose to live with their families. They all enjoy being part of the friendly KingsWay community.
Many of our international students enjoy staying with one of our homestay families in the KingsWay community. These families love and care for their student during their time in New Zealand. Homestay Accommodation gives students an opportunity to expand their English language and experience life in New Zealand. Our Homestay Coordinator provides ongoing guidance to students and homestay families.
Hosting an international student
More information about becoming a homestay family can be found HERE.
Sometimes international students choose to live with an extended family member or close family friend living in New Zealand.
- A Designated Caregiver is either a family member or a close friend of the family who knows the student well and with whom the parents wish their child to live.
- An agent representing the family may not be the Designated Caregiver.
- All details of the designated caregiver must be completed in the application form and the parents must sign that they take responsibility for this placement and that the student may not move from this placement unless it is to a home approved by KingsWay School.
- Designated caregiver are required: to be interviewed, have everyone over 18 years old police vetted, have a house inspection to make sure the house meets the minimum standards as outlined in the
- Code of Practice for The Care of International Students, and have visits twice per year to ensure the welfare of the student. Designated caregivers are responsible for students after school hours.
- No designated caregiver will be approved unless there is an adult member of the household who is able to communicate in English.
- Students may not live in rented flats or apartments or in any circumstances not approved by the School. Should this occur, KingsWay School will terminate the enrolment of the student.